Benoit Blin, Chef Patissier at Le Manoir, to lead British Team
17 October 2010
in Pastry World Cup
The British Team competing in the World Pastry Cup next January in Lyon, France, has appointed Benoit Blin MCA as their Team President.
The competition, known as ‘La Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie’ will take place during the International Food Fair ‘Sirha’ in Lyon on Sunday 23rd and Monday 24th of January 2011 (www.cmpatisserie.com).
This is the first time since 2003 that the United Kingdom will be represented at this most prestigious event.
Talking about the event, Benoit Blin says “The 2011 Pastry World Cup in Lyon is an exciting and huge opportunity for the UK Hospitality industry to demonstrate that the UK pastry and
dessert skill, competing with 22 other countries, is a force to be reckoned with.
Since 1989 the UK has been only represented there twice, in 2001 and 2003.
The UK pastry team must and will inspire a new generation of young
chefs in the country, so let's give them all our support during their preparations.
Join us and cheer on the UK in Lyon on the 23rd & 24th January 2011."
About the Competition:
Each team will have 10 hours to prepare and present a buffet in front of the Press, the Jury and a public audience and must include:
- 3 chocolate dessert entremets/cake
- 3 frozen and ice cream fruit dessert entremets/ cake
- 12 identical plated desserts inspired and representing their country
- an artistic creation /sculpture made out of sugar only
- an artistic creation/sculpture made out of chocolate only
- an artistic creation/ sculpture carved into Ice
About the British Team:
The UK Pastry Team 2011 (above,from left to right Johannes Bonin, Javier Mercado, Chris Loder and Benoit Blin MCA
- Président: Benoit Blin MCA, Exécutive Pastry Chef, Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons
- Javier Mercado (Pastry Lecturer, Westminster College)
- Chris Loder (Pastry Lecturer, Westminster College)
- Johannes Bonin (Pastry Chef, The Connaught Hotel)
- Promotion Manager: Richard Victoria, Sales Director, Ritter Courivaud Ltd
For additional information please contact Benoit Blin email@example.com
or Richard Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org or on mobile 07771 907044
Follow Raymond Blanc on Twitter
Contact Raymond via the Contact page of the website
Read RB's Le Blog for the catering profession on the Caterer website, by clicking here